International students

Stay updated!

Receive news, course updates and event invitations tailored to you.

Sign up now

We welcome international students from all corners of the globe. Our student body consists of myriad nationalities, making for a wonderfully stimulating environment.

Below, you will find information about visas for studying in the UK, as well as essential information for international students in London.

Visas for studying in the UK

Whether you have yet to arrive in the UK or are already here, you can find all the visa information you need to know here. Most non-EU/EEA Nationals starting a degree course will require a Tier 4 (general) visa in order to study in the UK. The type of visa you need, and the process for applying for it, will differ depending on the type of course you plan to study, the length of your course and other criteria. You can get more information on how to apply for your visa and which visa to apply for on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

Our Frequently asked questions webpage under International students tab explains this process in detail.

Long-term visa

All MA programmes, BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and the Vogue Fashion Foundation Diploma

International students without a UK/EEA passport will require a Tier 4 (general) student visa in order to study on these courses. You can apply for this visa only after you have been accepted and issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number by the College, and no more than three months before the start of the course or the date of travel. This is a requirement of the UK Government. Once you have been accepted on to a course, the College will send you all the necessary information to help guide you through the visa application process.

Disclaimer: While the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design provides directional links and support to prospective students requiring study visas, ultimately it is each student’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have met all of their visa requirements. The College does not take any responsibility for non-issued visas.

Short-term visa

for Vogue Fashion Certificate, Vogue Intensive Summer Course, One Week Courses and the Vogue Teen Weekend

International students without a UK/EEA passport may be required to apply for the short-term study visa. Consult the Gov.uk website to confirm this in relation to your nationality. A list of the required documents and other important information can also be found on the site. To apply for the short-term visa, you will need an unconditional acceptance letter from the College confirming your enrolment on the course. The original letter will only be issued once the full payment of the tuition fee has been received and cleared. Please note photocopies and scans are not accepted.

UK leaving the EU

EU students rights to study and live in the UK will not change until 31 December 2020. However, if you are an EU student and would like to continue to study and live in the UK after the 31 December 2020, you will need to follow the guidance for the EU settlement scheme.

For more information, please read through the governments guidance - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/brexit-guidance-for-eu-students-in-the-uk

English language requirements

All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must prove their proficiency in written and spoken English and show that they will be able to participate in group discussions and give a presentation in English. The standard English language requirement for entry to MA and BA courses is 6.5 overall, Foundation and Certificate 6.0-6.5 and all other courses 5.5 overall. Other relevant exams and experiences in written and spoken English may also be taken into consideration, depending on which course you are applying for. For more information on IELTS click here.

For further information, please email admissions@condenastcollege.ac.uk

What is the deadline to send in my application form?

For the One Week, Vogue Intensive Summer and Vogue Teen Weekend courses, applicants are required to apply no later than one week before the course starts.

For the Foundation and Certificate courses, you will be required to complete your application two weeks before the course starts.

For the BA & MA degrees, applicants are required to apply no later than six weeks before the course starts. 

Given the intense competition for places, you are advised to apply as soon as possible. If you have any concerns, please check with the Admissions team who can inform you if a course is already full.

Before you arrive in the UK

Before you come to the UK to study at the College, there are processes you will need to follow and specific information you will require. Our Essential Condé Nast Guide is full of information and advice about:

  • Immigration and visas
  • Working during your studies
  • Money and banking
  • Travelling in London
  • Council tax
  • Telephones
  • Healthcare, and more…

Read our guide.


Useful websites to read before studying in the UK

The British Council website will provide you with information about pre-departure events. You can download its "First Steps" pre-departure guide for more helpful information.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs, UKCISA, has a whole range of topics that are useful for international students, including driving in the UK, finding housing and British culture.

Prepare for Success is a multimedia learning resource to help you discover what kind of academic skills you will need to get the most out of your time studying in the UK.