Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design is proud to announce the launch of the brand new two-year intensive BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice degree, commencing September 2022.
This new hybrid degree covers both the essential academic theory, but is complimented with direct exposure and unrivaled interaction with industry professionals. The BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice degree explores both the strategic and the creative facets of the fashion and media industries, investigating how the two work in tandem. The course has been carefully curated to be malleable to the new, emerging trends, ethical considerations and industry innovation that can be integrated into the BA (Hons) learning experience. The core of the degree has been designed to cover the key foundational communication principles and industry practices that make up the fashion, media and wider creative principles key areas of the degree include:
- Fashion marketing and promotion
- Branding, business, and management
- Fashion styling
- Photography, film, and creative direction
- Graphic & digital design
- Fashion magazines, media & journalism
- Fashion campaign strategies and content creation
The BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice degree programme is validated by the University of Buckingham, which was named the University of the Year for teaching quality by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide in 2016 and is one of only two private universities in the UK.
The course encourages you to expand your mindset, to consider diverse attitudes and cultural viewpoints and thinking beyond the parameters of the fashion industry. To recognise fashion’s key role and significance in cultural, economic, global, local, and community contexts and the reactionary effect and influence these disciplinary areas have on the industry. The studies are supported by our core academic team, visiting lecturers and weekly industry guests situated at the fore of their professional fields.
The aim of this programme is to enable you to achieve a Honours Degree in Fashion Communication & Industry Practice; whilst acquiring the professional / soft skills necessary to build a strong portfolio of work, ready for you to enter into the workforce. This is achieved through the development of your knowledge and understanding of industry practice, through learning and interaction with professionals within the fashion, media, and associated industries.
A distinct advantage of the structure of the new course is the objective to accommodate both the specialism of practical niches of the industry, for example styling, art direction, or image-making; as well as the strategic / business savvy side of the industry strategy. This broad module spectrum results in varied cohorts that are able to collaborate across group and individual projects, to demonstrate the necessary collaborative element of the industry.
The key aims of the programme are to:
- Introduce you to the social, cultural, economic, and political histories from which fashion, media, and communication practices have emerged
- Provide a platform for debate, encouraging you to explore possible and likely scenarios for the future of the fashion and media industries, with a focus on the potential for systemic and positive change
- Develop your communication skills across a variety of media, with an emphasis on the understanding of both strategic and creative outputs
- Provide opportunities for you to develop key transferable skills in research and analysis, intellectual autonomy, creative thinking, innovation, and the production of creative and strategic outputs
- Enable you to develop knowledge and understanding of industry practice, through learning and interaction with professionals within the fashion, media, and associated industries
- Support you to determine your personal and professional strengths through critical reflection, with a view to identifying and pursuing a suitable career path within fashion, media, and related industries, or continuing with further study within Higher Education.
- On completion of your BA you will also be awarded CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership