The Business of Beauty
- On Demand
- Always On
- Outstanding Academic and Industry Experts
At a glance
- Duration: 3 weeks*
- Location: Online FutureLearn
- Overall course fee: £36/month membership fee*
- Start date: July 31, 2023
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to learn more about the beauty industry and how beauty brands market their products and communicate their values.. This is an introductory course suited to anyone with an interest in the business of fashion, beauty and the media, whether you are a student, professional or entrepreneur looking to expand your knowledge and learn about the latest industry developments.
What subjects are covered in the course?
- The evolution and recent growth of the beauty industry
- Marketing and communication methods used by the beauty industry
- Beauty trends, both current and future
- Beauty in the media
What is the time commitment?
Three weeks and approximately 2,5 hours per week.
Why should learners join this course?
- Study the beauty industry and gain insights to content from industry experts and academics from the Condé Nast College and teams of Glamour & Vogue.
- Learn how the beauty industry evolves and adapts to global trends including technological advancement, consumer behaviour and socio-cultural developments.
- Gain an up to date introductory overview of the beauty industry and learn about key trends that are shaping its future.
- Explore how the industry is responding to global trends, now and for the future, and how beauty brands use forecasting insights to plan for change.
- Develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work in response to the course content.
- Visualise your own ideas of what beauty might look like in 2025, putting into practice everything you have learned.
What are the Learning Outcomes of this course?
- Gain an introductory understanding of the beauty industry.
- Be introduced to the key aspects of consideration when marketing and communicating beauty products in the media.
- Gain insights into beauty trends and reflect on the value of the beauty sector to the wider fashion industry.
In partnership with
*The course recruits and runs continuously throughout the year with no specific intake date.