Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain insights into sustainable luxury strategies in relation to fashion brands. This is an introductory course suited to anyone with an interest in luxury, and sustainability in fashion, whether you are a student, professional, or entrepreneur looking to expand your knowledge and learn about the latest industry developments.
What subjects are covered in the course?
- Introduction to the luxury fashion and lifestyle industries.
- The rising demand for sustainability practices within the luxury sector.
- An exploration of consumer trends and demands for more sustainable brands.
- Insights into the future of sustainable luxury trends.
What is the time commitment?
Three weeks of approximately 2,5 hours per week.
Why should learners join this course?
- Gain an introduction to the study of sustainability within the luxury industry, with exclusive content and insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue & Traveler.
- Learn how sustainability is transforming the way that luxury businesses operate, with brands continually adapting to consumer demands and wider global trends.
- Gain an up to date overview of how luxury fashion and lifestyle brands are responding to global issues, and explore how they will continue to evolve in the future.
- Develop an understanding of branding strategies, brand values, and how brand heritage has a part to play in maintaining credibility for luxury brands.
- Develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work in response to the course content.
- Produce your own article for Traveler, putting into practice everything you have learned.
What are the Learning Outcomes of this course?
- Gain an introductory understanding of the complex nature of sustainability practices for luxury brands.
- Develop independent views and thoughts on sustainability issues in the fashion industry.
- Acquire knowledge related to sustainability developments within luxury fashion production and consumption.
In partnership with:
Lisa is an award-winning academic with 14 years’ experience teaching across BA and MA fashion courses at a number of British universities. Lisa is currently researching a PhD about the experiences of emerging designers in the fashion industry.