Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to learn more about the future of the fashion industry and gain insights into its response to key global trends. This is an introductory course suited to anyone with an interest in the business of fashion, styling, image-making, branding, marketing, and the media, whether you are a student, professional or entrepreneur looking to expand your knowledge and learn about the latest industry developments.
What subjects are covered in the course?
- Evolution of the Fashion Industry and its response to Global Trends
- Overview of the Fashion System including key trends such as Drop Culture, See Now Buy Now, and Direct to Consumer
- Impact of Technology on the Future of Fashion
- Introduction to Digital Fashion Shows
- Overview of Fashion Forecasting and Prediction Insights
What is the time commitment?
Three weeks and approximately 2,5hours per week.
Why should learners join this course?
- Study the future of fashion with content and insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue, GQ, and WIRED
- Learn how the Fashion Industry continually evolves and adapts to global trends including technological advancement, consumer behavior, and socio-cultural developments.
- Gain an up-to-date overview of the fashion industry and learn about key trends that are shaping its future.
- Explore how the industry is responding to global trends, how the fashion system operates and might develop in the future, and how fashion brands use forecasting insights to plan for change.
- Develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work in response to the course content.
- Visualise your ideas of what fashion will look like in 2025, putting into practice everything you have learned.
What are the Learning Outcomes of this course?
- Develop an understanding of global issues that affect and are affected by the fashion industry.
- Explore how the fashion industry works, how the fashion system operates, and how it might develop in the future.
- Gain short and long-term forecasting and prediction insights and practice applying insights to industry problems.
In partnership with:
*The course recruits and runs continuously throughout the year with no specific intake date.