Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to gain an introduction to the subject of ethics and diversity within the fashion industry, gain insights into how fashion brands market their products considerately and communicate their values while being inclusive and diverse. This is an introductory course suited to anyone with an interest in the business of how fashion is communicated in the media, whether you are a student, professional or entrepreneur looking to expand your knowledge and learn about the latest industry developments.
What subjects are covered in the course?
- Introduction to ethics and diversity in the fashion industry.
- The complexities of communicating fashion ideas and concepts while taking into account ethical and diversity considerations.
- An exploration of global shifts and demands for more ethical and diverse fashion industry.
- Insights into the future of brand responses to becoming more ethical and diverse.
What is the time commitment?
Three weeks with approximately 2,5 hours per week.
Why should learners join this course?
- Gain an introduction to the study of ethics and diversity within the luxury industry, with exclusive content and insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue.
- Learn how ethics and diversity within the fashion industry is a subject that has become more visible in recent times, with brands continually needing to adapt to consumer demands and wider global trends.
- Gain an up-to-date overview of how fashion brands are responding to global issues, and explore how they will continue to evolve how they respond in the future.
- Develop an understanding of brand values, consumer reactions to global issues and how the fashion industry reflects this.
- Develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work in response to the course content.
- Produce your own social media concept for Vogue, putting into practice everything you have learned.
What are the Learning Outcomes of this course?
- Gain an introductory understanding of the complex nature of ethics and diversity issues in the fashion industry.
- Develop independent views and thoughts on ethics and diversity in the fashion industry.
- Gain insights into movements and consumer behaviours related to ethics and diversity in fashion communication.
In Partnership with:
*The course recruits and runs continuously throughout the year with no specific intake date.