Please find a list of our vacancies below:
Lecturers / Senior Lecturers in Fashion Communication
The Condé Nast College of Fashion is looking for individuals to join our academic team. The college offers a unique working environment that allows unprecedented industry access – staff work on live projects with illustrious brands such as Vogue, Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik and GQ. The industry connectivity provides rare opportunities for academic research and knowledge acquisition, ensuring that the academic team is continuously kept up to date with the latest developments in fashion. The size of the college means that members of the teaching team are able to develop strong relationships with students and are given the time, resources and support needed to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
Due to the launch of our new intensive BA (Hons) Fashion Communication programme, we now have key lecturing vacancies. We are specifically looking for individuals with expertise in Fashion Media and Fashion Marketing – to include a focus on the digital aspects of those fields. Applications are sought from those with both academic and industry experience.
The opportunities available include full and part-time positions offered on permanent and fixed-term contracts. The exact nature of each role will be dependent on the subject specialism and level of experience of the applicant. If you prefer to have an informal discussion in the first instance, please email the Academic Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching across all offered courses at the college in accordance with our Learning, Teaching & Enhancement Strategy.
- Develop appropriate course material that is regularly updated to reflect latest industry developments.
- Identify and deliver high quality learning opportunities for students that will contribute to an exceptional student experience.
- Supervise external visits, student projects and college-based activities.
- Provide effective formative and summative feedback to students, ensuring clear and timely delivery with reference to set assessment criteria.
- Support and participate in the internal moderation process, ensuring a fair and transparent approach to feedback.
- Take responsibility for own specific area of expertise.
- Encourage open and effective communication with the student body, recognising and resolving any issues that could impact on the quality of the student experience.
- Work with the wider academic and college team on: course organisation, curriculum development, quality assurance, student support, and marketing and recruitment.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Significant experience in the fashion industry in one of the subject areas noted.
- Experience of teaching or delivering training and developing associated materials.
- Extensive, expert knowledge of one of the identified subject areas.
- A Degree level qualification as a minimum.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and build rapport with students and collaborate successfully with colleagues.