Condé Nast International: Finance Business Analyst - Condé Nast College
Condé Nast International sets the benchmark for publishing excellence with leading print and digital brands including Vogue, Vanity Fair, GQ, Wired, and AD among others. Reaching more than 270 million consumers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America, we are committed to delivering beautiful, influential content and brand experiences for individuals who demand to be inspired.
To work at Condé Nast is to be a part of a renowned, influential and fast-evolving company dedicated to creating and distributing engaging, extraordinary content, across multiple platforms. It is also to be part of a company investing in development and change, across a diverse portfolio - from the established print and website brands to our numerous new ventures such as video, events and education, namely the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design.
The Condé Nast College, operating from its state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Soho and wider Condé Nast locations, provides students with a world-class fashion education. All of our courses fuse exciting and intensive academic learning with unrivalled access to the best and brightest minds in the industry, including the Condé Nast magazine teams at Vogue, LOVE, Glamour, GQ etc. While our courses are extremely creative, their purpose is not to teach our students how to be fashion designers – instead they focus to learn about styling, journalism, buying, marketing, branding, graphic design, PR, digital strategy, business, events, entrepreneurship, e-commerce and the myriad of other career paths into this exciting and fast-moving industry.
Our vision and mission to be the “Neurological Centre of the Fashion Industry” and “To develop from a small college to a global university”.
Condé Nast International is to appoint an part-qualified business analyst to provide high level business partnering support to Condé Nast College, assisting with determining strategy in order to drive performance in terms of income generation and meeting financial and non-financial institutional KPIs. The business analyst will monitor and control all aspects of financial management of the college from month end process to taking a leading role in financial planning and to ensure that all the accountabilities are met.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for financial reporting and budgetary controls including producing monthly account, management account packs, forecasting income and expenditure, contributing to quarterly forecasts, and MI packs and the strategic planning process.
- To manage the P&L and balance sheet for the College, including all accruals, pre-payments and student revenue recognition in line with revenue recognition processes.
- To pro-actively support Head of Business Partnering and CEO of Conde Nast College in identifying and evaluating business development opportunities, ensuring that all costs and risks are understood at the planning stage and to periodically review the financial and non-financial performance of existing activities
- To identify opportunities for business process improvement efficiencies and more effective decision-making, for example reporting enhancements that will enable budget holders to self-service management accounts information, or model costs/prices, liaising with and supporting the relevant departmental colleagues in order to implement the improvements.
- To ensure that financial regulations and all extant policies and procedures are followed at all times and that a consistent approach is taken.
- VAT reporting and compliance.
- Student loan reporting and analysis
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Degree or equivalent experience (E).
- Part-qualified accountancy qualification (CCAB, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) (E).
- Minimum of 3 years working experience within a complex organisation (D).
- Experience of working in the HE sector and good working knowledge of Student Finance (D)
- Experience of financial reporting for management and budgetary control including KPI reporting (E).
- Experience of preparing accurate schedules to support statutory accounts (E).
- A thorough knowledge of maintaining and improving internal controls (E).
- Excellent IT skills including excel, financial reporting tools, Sun accounting systems and/or Cognos TM1 (E).
- Experience of having provided business solutions and strategic advice to Heads of Department and senior budget holders (E).
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate liaising with other University staff of varying financial acumen and demonstration of the ability to work with finance and non-finance professionals (E).
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and organise workload with minimal supervision with great attention to detail, handling multiple tasks (E).
- Ability to establish good working relationships with staff at a variety of levels and with external agencies (E).
- A proactive approach to problem solving (E).
- Self-motivated with a positive and flexible attitude to changing workloads (E).
- Ability to work well under pressure on own initiative and as part of a busy team (E).
To apply for this job, please visit the Condé Nast Careers page.