Please find a list of our vacancies below:
Lecturers / Senior Lecturers in Fashion Communication
The Condé Nast College of Fashion is looking for individuals to join our academic team. The college offers a unique working environment that allows unprecedented industry access – staff work on live projects with illustrious brands such as Vogue, Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahnik and GQ. The industry connectivity provides rare opportunities for academic research and knowledge acquisition, ensuring that the academic team is continuously kept up to date with the latest developments in fashion. The size of the college means that members of the teaching team are able to develop strong relationships with students and are given the time, resources and support needed to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
Due to the launch of our new intensive BA (Hons) Fashion Communication programme, we now have key lecturing vacancies. We are specifically looking for individuals with expertise in Fashion Media and Fashion Marketing – to include a focus on the digital aspects of those fields. Applications are sought from those with both academic and industry experience.
The opportunities available include full and part-time positions offered on permanent and fixed-term contracts. The exact nature of each role will be dependent on the subject specialism and level of experience of the applicant. If you prefer to have an informal discussion in the first instance, please email the Academic Director: email@example.com
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching across all offered courses at the college in accordance with our Learning, Teaching & Enhancement Strategy.
- Develop appropriate course material that is regularly updated to reflect latest industry developments.
- Identify and deliver high quality learning opportunities for students that will contribute to an exceptional student experience.
- Supervise external visits, student projects and college-based activities.
- Provide effective formative and summative feedback to students, ensuring clear and timely delivery with reference to set assessment criteria.
- Support and participate in the internal moderation process, ensuring a fair and transparent approach to feedback.
- Take responsibility for own specific area of expertise.
- Encourage open and effective communication with the student body, recognising and resolving any issues that could impact on the quality of the student experience.
- Work with the wider academic and college team on: course organisation, curriculum development, quality assurance, student support, and marketing and recruitment.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Significant experience in the fashion industry in one of the subject areas noted.
- Experience of teaching or delivering training and developing associated materials.
- Extensive, expert knowledge of one of the identified subject areas.
- A Degree level qualification as a minimum.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and build rapport with students and collaborate successfully with colleagues.
Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design is seeking a Technology Manager to play a key, active role in the small, dynamic, academic and administrative team. Responsible for all aspects of the College’s presentation technology, lecture capture and IT, the Technology Manager is key to the smooth running of lectures, presentations and events. Additionally, ad-hoc technology support must be provided skilfully and cheerfully to students, staff and visitors.
With a unique roster of elite fashion-industry speakers, the filming of lectures is a major part of the role, along with photographing college life for our internet activity. Excellent filming, editing, photography and IT skills are essential. Final Cut Pro, PhotoShop and InDesign experience beneficial. Plus the organisational skills needed to grow and manage the College’s digital archive of videos and photography.
The successful candidate will be able to work under their own initiative, have a high attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to cope with the pressures of the role. In addition to College use, the facilities will also be hired out commercially as a high quality events space. It is crucial that a smooth professional service is delivered to staff, students and clients alike.
The College technology is mainly Mac-based, with some specialised AV systems. We have service contracts in place for second- and third-line support and the post-holder is expected to constructively manage the relationships with these suppliers to ensure smooth running of all systems.
Additionally, day-to-day systems management of the College’s key IT systems is required – such as the user-administration of our online learning system and email accounts – so familiarity with this aspect of the role is crucial.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, organised, a natural communicator and well-presented. Ideally with experience in advertising, higher education or the creative industries.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Staff, Students and Visiting Speakers – with their IT and AV presentation / set-up needs
- Lecture Capture – using our Multicam Studio system. Plus editing the resulting footage and formatting it for display.
- Videography – shooting and editing footage for college presentations and promotions. Record and edit promotional footage for the College
- Photography – manage the photography studio by inducting/assisting students in shoots and maintaining/ordering equipment. Also taking photos of students, industry speakers and student/college events.
- Event support – Liaise with clients holding events at the college regarding support and set-up.
- AV, IT, Telephony and Printers – provide first line support to staff and students and liaise with suppliers to ensure seamless running of systems. The College predominantly uses Macs, so Mac knowledge is a must. Responsible for server backups.
- System Administration – SAMS, Canvas and Office 365
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in the operation of IT/AV systems
- Familiarity with video production, and ideally Lecture Capture systems
- Experience with High Definition videography (camera work) and sound recording
- Experience of video editing, ideally using Final Cut Pro and provision of final edits in different resolutions to suit in house viewing, web distribution etc.
- Familiarity with AV control systems – AMX preferred
- Familiarity with iPads, iTunes and administration of iPads for students, installing Apps
- Familiar with Apple Macintosh, OSX 10.11.3. Ideally with experience of Mac administration using tools such as Caspar.
- Ideally, though not essentially, experienced with IPTV and video signage systems
- Team player – the college has a small, tight-knit, staff and a willingness to muck-in is key
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- ‘Can-do’ – A natural inclination to service provision and helpfulness
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Influencing skills – management of suppliers
- Training skills – one to one, or classroom based
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org